How to get there
Getting to Kew Gardens
All adult races start in Kew Gardens yet only Sunday events finish down the road in Old Deer Park. Due to limited parking conditions at Kew Gardens we advise participants to travel to Kew Gardens via public transport. If you are driving, we suggest you park the car in Richmond and travel to the start via public transport or on foot. Please scroll down for travel to Old Deer Park.
From Richmond Station and Old Deer Park the start is 1.4miles away (25mins walk).
Kew Gardens Station is 400 metres from the Victoria Gate entrance to the Gardens.
There are various options to securely park your bike and we advise local runners to avoid cars and avoid parking problems.
Richmond Station: There are 100 bike spaces in the bike rack in the Richmond Station car park.
Kew Gardens Station: 35 bike spaces.
Kew Gardens: Limited bike spaces outside Kew Gardens.
By London Underground
Kew Gardens Station (District Line- Richmond branch) is the closest London Underground station, and is in zone 3.
Kew Gardens Station is 400 metres from the Victoria Gate entrance to the Gardens. Exit the station past the parade of shops, cross Sandycombe Road at the zebra crossing and walk down Lichfield Road (opposite) to reach Victoria Gate.
Please always check the Transport for London website for service disruptions before making your journey.
Train services (South West Trains) from Waterloo, via Vauxhall and Clapham Junction, stop at Kew Bridge Station. Kew Bridge Station is 1 mile from the Victoria gate entrance to the Gardens. For more information call +44 (0)8457 484950 or visit the National Rail Journey Planner.
PLEASE NOTE LONDON OVERGROUND TRAINS DO NOT ARRIVE IN KEW GARDENS UNTIL 9.10am so will not be suitable for runners!
Route 65 between Ealing Broadway and Kingston, via Richmond town centre, stops close to Victoria Gate. Route 391 between Fulham and Richmond stops near Kew Gardens Station. Routes 237 and 267 stop at Kew Bridge station, which is 20mins walk from Kew Gardens.
There are over one thousand car park spaces within one mile of the finish line festival. This sounds like a lot but please expect the nearest and obvious spaces to be full. Plan ahead and either choose public transport or give yourself enough time to choose a car park slightly further away.
Why not look at parking one or two stops away from Kew Gardens Station/ Richmond/ Bus route and travel the last part via public transport?
Getting to the Finish Festival
Parking for the festival finish
If you are driving to the finish after dropping off a runner, we suggest you avoid some of the obvious car parks and use Ranelagh Drive, Twickenham TW1. Please note that Richmond Station Car Park is closed on race day.
There in room for over 300 cars on and around Ranelagh Drive which is only 0.5 a mile away from the Finish festival. Cross over Richmond Lock Bridge or Twickenham Bridge (A316).
By Car (drop off only)
Please note these are directions for drop off only. Due to the event route there is limited parking in the Kew area so please plan to park in Richmond near the festival.
Kew Gardens is located at Kew, Richmond, Surrey, TW9 3AB, and is well signposted from all the major local roads. The South Circular (A205) passes the north-east corner of Kew Gardens and Kew Road (A307) forms the eastern border.
From the West:
• take M4 (exit Junction 2) or A4
• upon reaching the Chiswick roundabout, follow signs to Kew Gardens to join the A205 and cross the River Thames at Kew Bridge
• turn right immediately after the bridge on Kew Green, and then right down Ferry Lane to reach the Kew Gardens car park
From North London:
• follow the North Circular until you reach the Chiswick roundabout, then follow directions from here as above
From the South or West:
• from the M3 continue on the A316
• upon reaching the Richmond roundabout, fork left on to Kew Road (A307)
• you will then see the Pagoda to your left and then the wall on your left which is the boundary to the Gardens
• there is limited parking along the section of Kew Road between Victoria Gate and Lion Gate after 10am,
• alternatively, to reach the car park (TW9 3AF), continue along Kew Road and upon reaching Kew Green turn left and follow the signs
From the South Circular Road:
• follow the South Circular Road past Kew Retail Park and under a railway bridge
• at the next traffic light junction, where the A307 joins from the left, go slowly through the junction and immediately turn left into Kew Green (NOT sharp left into the A307, as there is no left turn)
GETTING TO THE FINISH LINE AND FESTIVAL
The Richmond Half Marathon and Kew Gardens 10k both finish at Old Deer Park (next to Pools on the Park Leisure Centre). The Finish festival is a family festival , which includes delicious food, stands, beer garden and champagne tent, live bands and DJ's, the Richmond Fitness Expo and the Nike Kids Mile and 500m races.
By Train, Tube and Overground
South West trains come into Richmond Station alongside the overground line and the District tube line. From Richmond Station it is a 5 minute walk to Old Deer Park.
• Come out of the station, cross at the traffic lights and turn right
• Turn left down Clarence Street
• Turn right on Parkshot Road, towards Twickenham Road (A316)
• Cross the A316 via the public bridge leading you onto Old Deer Park
The following busses stop outside Richmond Station, the Quadrant, then follow walking instructions to Old Deer Park: 490, 65, 391, R68, R70, 190, 419, N22, 371, 493, H22 and H37. Click here for a PDF map of Richmond Busses.
Old Deer Park is adjacent to Twickenham Road, the A316. Follow directions to Pools on the Park Leisure Centre- TW9 2SF. PLEASE NOTE THERE IS NO PARKING IN POOLS ON THE PARK CENTRE. For Parking see Richmond Car Parks above.